I designed and built a tufted headboard + bed bench. It was my first time doing upholstery. The construction included:
- Building a 5x5ft frame from 2″x3″
- Ply wood board, 1/4 thick. I cut plywood into 2x pieces so it fits in my sedan so had to add extra wood to reinforce this joint
- Preparation of upholstery materials: 4″ foam, upholstery cloth, buttons, battingg and glue
- Upholstery: glued the foam to the board, then batting on top. Instead of using strings, I used screws to make the depressiosd. I then glued buttons to cover screws.
- Construction of night stands
- Final assembly